(ABN 93 914 502 021)
Scope and application of policy
This policy applies to all commercial and business relationships in which Spice Road Travel is engaged. The policy is intended to comply with privacy legislation relating to commercial activity in all jurisdictions in which Spice Road Travel operates, where such legislation is in force.
Enquiries or complaints
If you have any questions or would like to file a complaint please contact our Privacy Office via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Spice Road Travel Privacy Department, 23 White Close, Lilydale, Vic. 3140
Personal information is information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, photograph, video, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to your personal information.
Sensitive information is a type of personal information and includes information about an individual that requires direct consent for collection and limited secondary use. For example:
- health (including predictive genetic information)
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- membership of a political association, professional or trade association or trade union
- religious beliefs or affiliations
- philosophical beliefs
- sexual orientation or practices
- criminal record
- biometric information that is to be used for certain purposes
- biometric templates
Anonymous information is information that is not associated with or linked to your personal information. Anonymous information does not enable identification of or contact with individual persons.
How we collect, use and disclose information
The table below outlines the purposes for which we collect personal information, what types of information are typically collected, and the types of uses and disclosures that are included but not limited to:
|Website marketing||Device information such as device type, browser type
Personal information such as name, email address, countries of interest
Payment information such as bank account or credit card numbers
|To provide analytics that allow us to improve our website effectiveness
To provide personalised responses based on your tour preferences
To process a financial transaction
|Tour support||Contact information such as email address, passport details, DOB, nationality, age||To provide the requested tour services||
|General enquiries||Contact information such as email address||To provide a response to your enquiry||
|Direct marketing||Contact information such as email address||To provide you with updates about service offerings and new features, typically via email or push alerts||
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the services we can provide
We require your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal and/or sensitive information in accordance with this policy. Consent may be expressed or implied for personal information and must be expressed when sensitive information is collected.
Express consent may be given orally or in writing, including electronic transmission. Express consent may be collected by us or by your Institution. Implied consent is consent that can be reasonably inferred by your action or inaction.
Under limited circumstances (for example: submitting an enquiry or subscribing to a mailing list) by providing us with the personal information described in this policy, we assume you have implicitly provided Spice Road Travel with your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this policy.
You may withdraw or limit your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to relevant laws. You must provide reasonable notice of the withdrawal of your consent. All communications with respect to the withdrawal or limitation of your consent should be directed to our Privacy Office in writing.
In some circumstances, Spice Road Travel is entitled, or required, to disclose your personal information without your consent. These circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- Protecting your health or safety
- The disclosure is required or authorised by law
- The disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant or order of a court or other body authorized to compel production of the information
- The disclosure is to a lawyer who is representing Spice Road Travel
- The disclosure is required to respond to an emergency
In addition to the personal information, we collect the following types of anonymous information:
- Information collected by our servers – to make our site and services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Log files – as is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movements around the site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our services to our users’ needs.
Third party cookies
We will communicate with you primarily in the form of push alerts and emails with your permission. Please note that even if you unsubscribe or opt-out, we may still send you operational App and Services related communications
If information is collected which is later determined to be unnecessary or unsolicited then it will be handled in accordance with Spice Road Travel’s data deletion policy.
Since the personal information collected could be sensitive in nature, Spice Road Travel takes reasonable steps in line with this data classification when using and disclosing the personal information.
Access to personal information is only granted to deliver the requested service(s) or for marketing you have opted to receive. When collecting payment information, we use SSL and work with PCI compliant suppliers to protect your information.
Access and correction of your information
You may contact Spice Road Travel to ask what information has been collected and request that it be corrected. See “Enquiries and Complaints” section above.
Deletion of your information
International data transfer
We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal and sensitive information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
Links to other websites
Last update: April, 2018